Summer Camp Volunteering Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
You should apply if you:
- Can donate one week of your time during the summer (Monday – Friday)
- Can attend training sessions in advance of Camp (Dates and venues to be confirmed)
- Are happy to volunteer as part of a team and to follow Michaela Foundation Ethos
- Are willing to undertake an enhanced Access NI/Garda Vetting check
Are there any age restrictions?
Volunteers must be 17 years or above due to the age of the participants (11-13 years)
I volunteered last year, do I need to apply this year again?
In short, yes you do! Everyone interested in volunteering at Camp must submit an online application form.
I submitted an Access NI / Garda Vetting form last year. Do I need to resubmit one for 2018?
In short, yes you do! Everyone interested in volunteering must be vetted each year for Summer Camp.
How do I submit an Access NI or Garda Vetting application?
- All applicants must submit vetting forms as part of their application to volunteer.
- Applicants living in the North of Ireland must complete the Access NI vetting form.
- Applicants living in the South of Ireland must complete the Garda Vetting form.
- Please follow the links below for further information and to commence the vetting process.
- I live in Northern Ireland – Access NI vetting process
- I live in Republic of Ireland – Garda Vetting
- It is important that vetting applications are made swiftly to allow sufficient time for processing. Failure to complete the vetting process means you will not be assigned a role at Camp.
- Please note that due to the volume of the applications we receive, we cannot recruit every applicant that is vetted.
I’ve been vetted before. Can I just send you a copy of my certificate instead of going through the application process again?
Unfortunately not, the certificate you have would not be sufficient, whilst we understand that completing the form a second time may be frustrating, we are sure you agree that the welfare of the children we work with is paramount and therefore, it is important that we follow such recruitment procedures.
Whoops! I made an error on my application form but it’s already been submitted. Can you (Michaela Foundation) change it please?
Unfortunately not. We will receive an e-copy of your form that we cannot edit. Please take care when filling out your application form.
When will volunteer registration close?
Oh , it depends. We will remove each Camp from the application form when we feel sufficient applications have been received to commence the team building process. Keep following us online for updates on this – 2018 Summer Camp volunteering applications will begin online early January 2018!
What are the Roles of the Voluntary Camp Leaders
The voluntary camp leaders set the atmosphere for the Michaela Girls’ Summer Camps. It is important that volunteers are ready to have a really fun week with the girls. It is really important that leaders are full of energy and encourage the Campettes to get to know one another and to participate in all the activities.
When you believe in something, it really shows when you speak about it. Therefore, it is important that leaders believe in Michaela Foundation’s values and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the young girls attending Camp.
All of our camp leaders should be role-models to the girls. Leaders should emphasise the importance of loyalty to friendships, being true to one-self and encouraging of girls to enjoy the amazing gifts they’ve been given as individuals.
Leaders should have the ability to communicate, inspire trust and confidence, motivate Campettes, as well as understand their emotional needs.
The role of each volunteer is equally important and each volunteer is integral to the success of a fun camp!
See our full list of role descriptions here
What volunteering roles are available?
- Head Camp Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Deputy Head Camp Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Faith Element Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Fun Element Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Fashion Element Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Well Being Element Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Fáilte Element Co-ordinator (1 per camp)
- Faith Element Leader (3 per camp)
- Fun Element Leader (3 per camp)
- Fashion Element Leader (3 per camp)
- Well Being Element Leader (3 per camp)
- Fáilte Element Leader (3 per camp)
- Camp Photographer (1 per camp)
See our full list of role descriptions here
Will Michaela Foundation acknowledge receipt of my application?
After submitting your volunteer application form you should receive an automated confirmation email to the address you listed on your application form. This is why it’s so important you type your email address correctly on your form.
If you haven’t received an e-confirmation in your inbox, we suggest you check your junk mail box in case your security settings have redirected it. If however, the confirmation email isn’t in either your inbox or junk mail, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Interested in volunteering at a Summer Camp?