Description of Element/Role
The Fun Element Leader will assist with the delivery of the Fun element.
Of course, we want the girls to have fun in all of their classes. Activities centered on this element are designed to introduce the girls to new and wholesome ways of having fun whilst helping them discover and develop their talents.
14assist in delivering the set activities to 4 groups of Campettes.
- assist the coordinator in ensuring that all facilities and materials are in place for each activity.
- encourage the Campettes to participate in the activities.
- participate in all element activities and encourage other leaders and Campettes to do so too.
- Monday – Friday
- Monday 8.30am – 4pm
- Tuesday – Friday 9am – 4pm
Attend Training (See further details below)
The Fun Coordinator may organise and lead a Fun team meeting prior to Camp commencing. The dates of these meetings are at the team’s discretion.
Ethos training: 25th May 2019, Queen’s University Belfast (full day training event)
First aid training is optional but advised. As least two members of the team must be first aid trained. If you are already trained in First Aid, or, are a trained healthcare professional; you won’t need to attend this training. However, you will need to provide evidence of your completed training.
We will advertise Child Protection training dates/venues in your area closer to Camp. It is mandatory all Leaders’ complete a 3 hour Child Protection training course prior to Camp. Training lasts 3 years until it is up for renewal.
Specific activity training will be available online for the recruited team members.
Skills you will develop:
- Communication skills
- First aid (Only those who attend first aid training)
- Use of defibrillator (Only those who attend first aid training)
Free training available:
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- First Aid (Places are limited)
- Autism Awareness (Places are limited)
- Michaela Foundation ethos training
- It looks great on your CV
- You can learn new things
- You can make a positive difference to people in your community
- You can use your abilities and develop new skills
- You will gain valuable experience that will help you in the future
- Volunteering will improve your employability
- You could meet lots of people and make new friends
You will obtain a gorgeous, limited edition Michaela Foundation Camp Leader’s jersey.
High energy group games
This role is best suited to...
- are able to work as part of a team
- are able to work under direction
- possess good communication skills
- are naturally passionate about Michaela Foundation’s values
- are high energy, fun loving and positive leaders are required for this active element.
General information for all Michaela Foundation volunteers
To become a Michaela Foundation volunteer you must complete the online application form and provide references. All Summer Camp volunteers are required to undergo a vetting check. (Access NI or Garda Vetting) You will complete an introduction package and receive training relevant to your role. You will only be able to begin your volunteering once we have completed the necessary checks relevant to your role.
All our volunteers are provided with the necessary training to enable them to carry out their role. This training will either be provided face-to-face or through the online training hub.
All information concerning volunteers and Campettes shall be treated as strictly confidential at all times.
It is the aim of Michaela Foundation to ensure that no one receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, sex, race, colour, religion, marital status, sexuality or disability; or, is not placed at a disadvantage by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Everyone shall adhere to our equal opportunities policy and ensure that diversity is valued throughout Michaela Foundation.
Health and safety:
We aim to provide a safe environment for all our volunteers and Campettes. We will therefore make you aware of your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and to ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out and to maintain a safe environment for volunteers, Campettes or visitors.
If you have contact with data systems, computerised or otherwise, you are required to obtain, process and/or use the information in a fair and lawful way; to hold data only for the specific registered purpose; and not to use or disclose it in any way incompatible with such purpose. To disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
Meet an Experienced Volunteer
Catherine Blee - Fun Leader
Interested in volunteering at a Summer Camp?