Why volunteer with Michaela Foundation?
With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, and your community.
Volunteering can add a great deal to your life and to the lives of those you are working with. It gives you a chance to become involved in a project or with an organisation you really care about as well as an opportunity to meet new and like-minded people. It also gives you the chance to try out something different to your ‘everyday’ job.
Here are some of the reasons why volunteers choose Michaela Foundation:
- To form new friendships
- To develop/acquire interpersonal skills
- To enhance your skillset/experience for University and employment
- To share your talents
- To receive recognition for your voluntary hours of service through the Millennium Volunteers Program
- To have fun!
- To give something back to your local community
- To make a difference in the lives of others
- To obtain training in areas such as Child Safeguarding and Protection and/or First Aid
- Volunteering provides many benefits to both mental and physical health
If you’re considering a new career, or are unsure of what you would like to study, volunteering can help you get experience in your area of interest and meet people in the field.
Even if you’re not planning on changing careers, or completing further study, volunteering gives you the opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organization.
You might feel more comfortable stretching your wings at work and at school once you’ve honed these skills in a volunteer position first.
Interested in volunteering at a Summer Camp?