#NotVettedNotVolunteering – 2017 AccessNI Submission Date
If you have been offered and accepted a volunteer leader role at Camp, please be advised you must submit your vetting application by Monday 27th March. Vetting checks must be completed and cleared by Access NI by 1st May.
Reminder – your role at Camp is subject to the completion of a vetting check, reference check and child protection training (min 3 hours). Please follow the steps below to complete vetting.
The below only applies to applicants with an address in the North of Ireland. Those living in the South of Ireland must complete the Garda Vetting procedure.
- AccessNI E Application Guidance (Everyone)
- AccessNI 2017 Cover Form PIN Notification and ID Validation 2016 (Everyone)
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form (To be submitted by all volunteers under 18)
Firstly, thank you for applying to volunteer at one of our Camps.
You may be aware, that the AccessNI vetting process changed from 1st April 2015 in line with the Justice Bill 2014. Part of this Bill amends the current legislation on criminal record disclosure by AccessNI and introduces changes to the process for obtaining AccessNI checks.
It is worth noting, whilst the paper application process has changed, the main vetting process remains the same. There is still a requirement for applicants to submit photocopies of identity documentation along with their cover form. These documents must be sent to Michaela Foundation to check original identification and sign off their verification form before forwarding to Ulster GAA.
Please submit your applications as soon as possible.
Please complete the following steps which are explained in much more detail in the attached document E-Application Process Guidance
- Print off the attached Applicant Cover Form and complete as appropriate: Club Name: Michaela Foundation Position: Voluntary Youth Leader Organisation: Michaela Foundation
- Go to www.nidirect.gov.uk/apply-for-an-enhanced-check-through-a-registered-body
- Select “Apply for an Enhanced Check”
- Create an account.
- Activate your account.
- Click on green button “Apply for an enhanced check”. You will need to login.
- Enter the Ulster GAA’s ID Pin: 833021 The registered body should now read ULSTER COUNCIL GAA
- Proceed with the application
- Note your 10 digit Case Reference Number by recording it on the Applicant Cover Form (which you should have printed off) DO NOT MISPLACE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER!
- Post this cover letter and your PHOTOCOPIES of ID to Michaela Foundation, Unit 6, Banbridge Enterprise Centre, Scarva Road Industrial Estate, Banbridge, Co. Down, BT32 3QD
- You will be able to track your online application status. You will need your email address, password and 10 digit case reference
The attached guidance on the e-application process should help make the process fairly straightforward:
- AccessNI E-Application Process Guidance This is a step by step guidance document with screen examples to help applicants complete the online application. This document outlines the process on setting up a new account via the NI Direct website for new account users; how to complete the online application and; how to case track your application once submitted for processing.
- The applicant Cover Form and 6 digit PIN number – Print this off and accompany with copies of ID! The process is similar to before, the only difference being the introduction of the new online AccessNI application. We still require photocopies of appropriate identity documents and the completed individual cover form for each completed individual online application. The accepted forms of identity documents can be found on the cover form attached.
Please note that Ulster GAA cannot process any online applications without the appropriate copies of ID documents and individual cover forms. So it will be important that these are submitted to Michaela Foundation for checking before forwarding to Ulster GAA in a timely fashion to allow the online application to be processed accordingly.
If you have any queries in relation to this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
*Whilst all interested applicants must be vetted, we cannot ensure that everyone vetted will be offered a position at Camp due to the high interest levels. However, we can assure you that applicants who don’t go through the vetting process will not be considered for a role at Camp.