About Wings Awards
Awarding young people who are motivators within their local community.
Celebrating those determined to fly #CelebrateMotivateInspire
Do you know someone who…
- Has went above and beyond for their local sports/music/drama group
- Sacrifices their time to help with youth/church/elderly
- Works tirelessly to fundraise
- Is a young carer
- Inspires others to get involved within their community
- Shines in a particular area
- Has overcome adversity
A ‘Wings Award Winner’ can be male or female and they do not need to have any previous experience with Michaela Foundation.
Three age categories for award:
- Age 11-13
- Age 14-16
- Age 17-24
Nominate someone you think is deserving of this award, letting us know how they merit winning this award and include a letter of support from a school, church, club, employer or other organisation.
We will then shortlist 10 commendable entrants in each age group. We will contact them and give them a submission date to let us know how they intend to spend their award bursary (be it for equipment, helping with a fundraiser, towards a fun day for local community etc.). From this, we will choose the three award winners. All 10 finalists in each age group will be invited along to the awards night, Thursday April 12th to celebrate all their achievements.
At this event, the three award winners will be announced in each age group category. Winners will receive a cash bursary of £250 plus a custom-made O’Neill’s half zip top.
What award winners will be required to do:
- ALL SHORTLISTED FINALISTS attend Awards presentation night, Thursday 12th April 2018.
- Be featured throughout the year (April 2018-March 2019) in short video blogs on our social media and website celebrating your achievements and showcasing how they are utilising their bursary.
- Support Michaela Foundation to motivate other young people to become more involved in their local communities and spreading the ‘Life Without Limits’ message.
How to Apply:
If you have any queries regarding any of the information above, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in attending camp, fundraising or volunteering?